KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Establish and design tools such as beneficiary registration forms and monitoring tools and ensure they are functioning within the electronic online data collection platform and on the field team’s tablets.
- Lead training of volunteers in data collection tools and act as focal point for identifying issues and addressing them for smooth implementation of registration and monitoring for CVA projects.
- Work with MEAL Area officers to ensure Kobo server for beneficiary registration and mobile handsets for data collection.
- Supports Area MEAL Officers on distribution tracker and IPTTs regularly
- Lead the process of data cleaning and project database management for CVA projects. Work with Data Assistants in data cleaning and organization of data sets.
- Supervise and coordinate field data collection for midline and final evaluations of CVA projects. At times, this involves collaborating and facilitating data collection by the External Evaluation team.
- Lead the data collection for Post Distribution Monitoring surveys on CVA projects to understand the satisfaction of beneficiaries on beneficiary registration process, distribution, amount and use of cash etc
- Ensure Quality Benchmark monitoring for CVA activities is conducted including registration and distribution process.
- Ensure that programming data and feedback are valid, verifiable, timely and compliant with donor guidelines.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis as part of the project is monitoring routine, and produce regular monitoring reports to present and disseminate information to inform programme management.
- Contribute to child-focused programme implementation, by promoting child-friendly MEAL methodologies and children’s participation in monitoring.
- Identify monitoring and evaluation and quality gaps, and actively address their causes through training, field visits, and proposal of solutions to line manager.
- Any other related MEAL task requested by the line manager.
Accountability and Participation:
- Support the operationalization of the community participation and accountability for CVA projects.
- Support the provision of information to affected population targeted in CVA focused projects. Ensure essential information such as targeting criteria, cash distribution timelines, feedback mechanisms are shared to affected population.
- Plan and conduct specific activities aimed at ensuring participation of affected population in CVA projects.
- Ensure that CVA project activities (including partners) have functioning feedback and response mechanisms and include systems to effectively manage complaints, ensuring timely and appropriate feedback.
- Manage feedback/complaint data bases for CVA projects and produce regular reports in collaboration with Accountability Coordinator
Learning and Advocacy
- Generate and share learning from CVA programming through PDM, QB monitoring and observations.
- Ensure that MEAL methodologies and findings support advocacy and campaigning actions through the provision of evidence and update data.
- Coordinate with program staff in sharing lessons learned so as they are incorporated into program implementation and new business development.
- Take lead in ensuring that findings and lessons learned from project implementation and accountability are shared with children, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Provide on-the-job supervision to database assistants and other staff leading CVA MEAL activities such registration process, data cleaning, data management, and training of volunteers on registration process.
- Ensure that local stakeholders and local partners are provided and included in MEAL training opportunities when appropriate.
- Ensure that volunteers involved in beneficiary registration for CVA programming are equipped with skills of how to use Kobo forms, understand selection criteria’s, safeguarding and reporting channels
- Seek opportunities for information sharing and learning exchanges with local actors/INGOs to promote learning and coordination on CVA at national and sub-national level.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Degree in development, statistics, M&E, programming, related social science or programme M&E
- Experience of undertaking a similar MEA related activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds, excellent relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Experience of working in planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Previous experience with developing tools, data collection, assessments
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports including data analysis and triangulation.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin and support our work.
- Experience of working in monitoring and evaluation.
- A high level of written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Studies in engineering, programming, technical studies, data management, or equivalent with experience in programming, technologies, and data is highly desirable.
- Employment in accordance with Ukrainian legislation
- International working conditions
- Working hours from 09.00 till 17.00
- Medical insurance starting the first working day
- English courses paid by organization
- Office in the central part of the city
- Coffee and cookies in the office
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
If you are interested in the vacancy, we are looking forward for your application. A СV in English will be an advantage. Also, we will be grateful if you indicate the expected salary level and the level of English language proficiency.