The Opportunity – Financial Planning and Reporting Business Partner, National Post Only
Financial Planning and Reporting Business Partner will be responsible for maintaining the North-West Balkans master budgets, budgeting for new business development, supporting implementation of financial management policies, supporting budget holders for timely and compliant financial management of different awards and accurate reporting to SC members and donors as well, ongoing coaching and capacity building, plus other tasks and projects, as and when required. She/ he will work closely with Director of Finance and Support Services and finance staff to ensure timely, quality completion of all planning/ reporting processes.
In this role you will support the capacity building efforts of country office finance teams, provide oversight of country office and field/ programme offices ensuring compliance with SCI/donor policies and procedures including quality and timely reporting, CO consolidation and monitoring actions around improvements, performing quality financial planning and reporting
You will proactively work with the Director of Finance and Support Services on key issues, and help identify and implement solutions at the country office level. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business Administration;
• Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment
• Excellent understanding of business and financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, strategic modelling, reporting, analysis and KPIs.
• Strategic finance business partner with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
• Ability articulate complex information in an easy to understand manner.
• Strong project and change management skills.
• Solutions focused with ability to identify weaknesses and drive continuous improvement.
• Ability to lead, inspire, coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance. to country offices and supervised staff.
• Ability to prioritise, plan ahead, and manage a complex and diverse workload with tight deadlines.
• Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
• Excellent understanding of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
• Commitment to travel up to 30% within the NWB Area of Responsibility
• Written and verbal fluency in English
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.