The Opportunity – Financial Control and Compliance Lead, National Post Only
Financial Control and Compliance Lead will ensure smooth functioning of financial systems in North-West Balkans programme offices, integrity of accounts and provision of reliable financial information expertise in financial accounting, compliance and controls to a range of stakeholders for full spectrum programming and working closely with Director of Finance and Support Services and finance staff to ensure timely, quality completion of all accounting processes and control/compliance reviews
In this role you will support the capacity building efforts of country office finance team, provide oversight to country office ensuring compliance with local laws, regulations, SCI/donor policies and procedures including quality and timely reporting, consolidating and monitoring actions around improvements, performing quality financial control reviews and providing gap filling for finance positions in country and field offices as required.
You will proactively work with the Director of Finance and Support Services on key issues, and help identify and implement solutions at the country office level. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business Administration;
• Minimum of 7 years’ management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment,
• Excellent understanding of financial systems, procedures, compliance and controls; donor requirements & audits; internal auditing; statutory audits; financial regulatory and tax requirements.
• Strategic finance business partner with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
• Ability articulate complex information in an easy to understand manner
• Solutions focused with ability to identify weaknesses and drive continuous improvement.
• Ability to lead, inspire, coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance. to country/ filed office and supervised staff.
• Ability to prioritise, plan ahead, and manage a complex and diverse workload with tight deadlines.
• Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
• Excellent understanding of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
• Written and verbal fluency in English
• 4 years within the NGO / charities sector.
• Experience of working in an emergency context.
• Understanding of major donor compliance regulations (USAID, EC, DFID, ECHO, OFTA, etc).
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.