The Opportunity – Finance Officer, National Post Only
The job holder performs roles in finance area, including implementation of internal SC accounting procedures and provision of finance function. The job holder must ensure smooth functioning of financial systems in place in the designated office, integrity of accounts and provision of reliable financial information to a range of stakeholders in both emergency and development programme contexts.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business Administration;
• Similar / relevant experience in accounting and finances for 3 – 7 years.
• In-depth knowledge of at least one general ledger package
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word and MS Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively, with a solid command of both spoken and written English
• Responds to requests, queries in timely manner
• Sound planning and organisational skills, and a proven ability to meet deadlines - must be outcome driven and accountable
• Good information sharing/ communication skills in communication with staff and partners
• Strong problem solving skills with an eye for detail, show initiative and work independently
• Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
• Ability to prioritise, plan ahead, and manage a complex and diverse workload with tight deadlines.
• Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
• Excellent understanding of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
• Written and verbal fluency in English
• 4 years within the NGO / charities sector.
• Experience of working in an emergency context.
• Understanding of major donor compliance regulations (USAID, EC, DFID, ECHO, OFTA, etc).
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.