To lead the Finance Team in Treasury and Compliance area and making sure that all finance staff in the Country office and in field are able to deliver in the best possible manner. S/he will be expected to lead on all aspects of Treasury Management, Compliance, Accounting and Audits within finance domain. The post holder will play a key role in building capacity for the finance team at field level.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Lead on all treasury management matters of Ukraine Country office and supervision of all treasury and compliance matters within Country Office and in Area Offices.
- Lead on Cash forecast processes for Country program and ensuring sufficient funds are available for operations in line with SCI financial guidelines.
- Responsible for the timely and complete preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in accordance with Save the Children policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for monthly and annual closure of accounts ensuring all schedules for Balance sheet accounts are in place in line with SCI financial guidelines.
- Oversee transfer and disbursement of funds to fulfil obligations incurred within the guidelines of Save the Children and donors.
- Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place for Ukraine office and in use at all times.
- Support Finance Director in development of new policies and systems for finance department.
- Review of payrolls and working with HR on staff benefits management.
- Develop record keeping system offline and online which is efficient and in line with SCI guidelines.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the field office financial records and therefore identify potential risk areas and to recommend solutions.
- To review and analyze Ukraine Country office compliance with all local laws (e.g tax registration and labour laws). To ensure good record keeping of all financial data concluded.
- To facilitate internal / external auditors during internal / external audits;
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analyzing budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and reports required.
- Assist Finance Director in developing Scheme of Delegation.
- Review of all accounting data posted in financial system by Country office and Area offices.
- Supervise Finance team and take-up head of department role in the absence of Finance Director.
- Ensure adequate segregation of finance duty within Country Office Manage the performance of all staff in the finance work area through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities.
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance.
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans
- Ensure that all staff understand and are able to perform their role in an emergency
- Manage finance team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
- Conduct Budget holders training and advice budget holders on financial aspects.
- Supervise and support field finance coordinators on partner capacity building initiatives.
- Ensure capacity gaps and weaknesses are identified and work with key stakeholders to ensure appropriate mitigation measures are in place
- Ensure partners comply with all financial requirements in line with SCI and donor policies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MBA Finance, ACCA/ACMA Part qualified with 5 years of post-qualification accounting experience.
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management, supervision and capacity building
- Proven track record of supporting a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions
- Knowledge of the requirements of the major emergency donors and experience in budgeting and reporting to donors.
- Proven track record of capacity building of partners and development of partner financial management policies.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Experience working with financial systems. i.e. Agresso, Sun system.
- Fluent in English.
- Employment in accordance with Ukrainian legislation
- Working hours from 09.00 till 17.00
- Medical insurance starting the first working day
- English courses paid by organization
- Office in the central part of the city
- Coffee and cookies in the office
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
If you are interested in the vacancy, we are looking forward for your application. A СV in English will be an advantage. Also, we will be grateful if you indicate the expected salary level and the level of English language proficiency.