The Opportunity - Senior Technical Specialist - TABLA, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, NATIONAL POST ONLY
The Senior Technical Specialist will report to the Chief of Party for the TABLA project and use their technical expertise and relationship building skills to define and deliver our strategic ambition for education in Bosnia-Herzegovina (BiH). The role supports national advocacy and influencing, while driving strategic communication and partnerships for implementing education reform. It supports the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities to demonstrate impact, while sharing learning across TABLA project components and with our partners and education stakeholders. This role includes a focus on external representation to promote and encourage curricula reform at the primary, secondary, and higher education levels in BiH, as well as the priority implementation of pre-service and in-service teacher training and professional development.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• University degree in education, communications, or other related field, master’s degree preferred;
• Understanding of the education sector in BiH, previous experience with teacher training, curricula reform, or capacity building programs within the education sector preferred;
• Demonstrated program design, monitoring and evaluation skills, including designing pathways to sustainable impact at scale.
• Previous experience with USAID or US government-funded projects preferred;
• Skilled at networking, representation, and partnership development in order to promote learning, strengthen education stakeholders, and mobilise resources;
• Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work;
• Significant experience in training, capacity building, and mentoring;
• Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork with project staff, partners and external stakeholders;
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
• Fluency in English and B/C/S languages with experience in translation and interpretation;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines and donor requirements;
• Willingness to travel throughout the country; and
• Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organizational mandate and child safeguarding.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 7 Sep 2021
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021 - 17:59 EDT
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time