The Opportunity – PROJECT SPECIALIST, National Post Only
Save the Children seeks a Project Specialist for a 5-year USAID funded General Education Activity (TABLA). The goal of the General Education Activity (TABLA) is to strengthen the ability of the educators to encourage students in 4Cs (Critical thinking, Creativity, Communication and Collaboration) and applied STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) knowledge and skills in order to support students in reaching their full potential, and positively impact the social and economic development of the country.
Key areas of work: Under the leadership of the TABLA Chief of Party, the Project Specialist will be responsible to implement and report on Sub-Purpose 1: Pre-Service Teacher Training of General Education Activity (TABLA) implemented in cooperation with education authorities in targeted areas in Bosnia and Herzegovina -- that are to include: pre-service teacher training (support for select teacher and STEM faculties in efforts to train future teachers in 4Cs and applied knowledge and in STEAM subjects).
He/she is responsible for programme intervention in the targeted areas in Bosnia and Herzegovina to meet stated goals and reporting requirements, as well as ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities throughout the life of the project under his/her responsibility. S/he will also be responsible for close cooperation with other team members, institutional stakeholders and sub-grantees.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At minimum 3-5 years’ experience in working in education or related field.
• Experience of working in provision of sustainable pre-service or in-service capacity building interventions within education sector
• Solid understanding of new paradigm of importance of critical thinking (including creativity, communication and collaboration) and applied knowledge skills related to STEAM subjects in education
• Excellent in English communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to write reports in English.
• Excellent training, facilitation, and communication skills.
• Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Willingness to travel to different locations in BiH
• Experience of project cycle management and sub-granting principles
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working.
• Familiarity with USAID regulations and policies an advantage;
• Familiarity with education reform processes, competent institutions and agencies in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships with government counterparts is desired;
• Excellent ability to obtain, analyse, and evaluate complex data and to organize and present these in a meaningful and concise way internally/externally as well as to plan, organize, manage and evaluate complex projects;
• Facilitating meetings and problem solving skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and B/H/S languages;
• Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organizational mandate and child safeguarding.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.