To lead the Finance Team in East Area Office and making sure that all finance staff in the field are able to deliver in the best possible manner. S/he will be expected to lead on all aspects of finance activities within finance domain. The post holder will play a key role in building capacity for the finance team at field level.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Reports to: Area Director- EAST
- Technical Reporting line: Deputy Finance Director
- Staff directly reporting to this post: Finance Coordinators, Finance Officers, and Finance Assistants
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place for Area Office and in use at all times;
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Area office financial records and identify potential risk areas and to recommend solutions;
- Ensure timely submission of accurate monthly, quarterly and on-demand reports and information to Country office;
- To facilitate internal / external auditors during internal / external audits;
- Responsible for monthly closure of accounts in Area Office while maintaining proper schedules.
- Prepare proposal budgets in line with donor guidelines while ensuring that Non- thematic rate of country is achieved.
- Prepare realignments along with program staff for on-going awards if needed.
- Represent Finance department in the BvA meetings while ensuring that actions are addressed after BvA meetings.
- Providing support to Finance director in preparation of Master budget, and forecast processes.
- Providing support to Finance director on Funding GAP analysis and other management reporting.
- Drafting the staff allocation for all staff and ensuring allocations are provided to Finance manager in Country office for clearance of balance sheets holding accounts.
- Review the reclassifications proposed by program staff for eligibility in line with donor regulations and in line with SCI Financial policies.
- Responsible for the timely and complete preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual donor and SCI financial reports in accordance with Save the Children policies and guidelines.
- Maintain regular communications with all members of Area office and ensure that timely and complete financial support is provided.
- Oversee transfer and disbursement of funds to fulfil obligations incurred within the guidelines of Save the Children and donors.
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analyzing budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Prepare a monthly request for funds, based on cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations.
- Conduct Budget holders training and advice budget holders on financial aspects of awards management.
- Assist Area Manager to ensure compliance of Scheme of Delegation
- To review and analyze Area Office’s compliance with all local laws. To ensure good record keeping of all financial data concluded by the Area Office;
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Finance staff. Manage the performance of all staff in the finance work area through:
- Effective use of the performance management system including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, on-going feedback, periodic reviews and unbiased evaluations;
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance; and
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/workplans.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, fraud and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security, health and wellbeing of staff and that staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect Save the Children's principles of equity and fairness.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MBA Finance, ACCA/ACMA Part qualified with 7 years of post-qualification accounting experience.
- 2 Years post- qualification experience in fragile states and outside home country.
- Experience of and well-developed skills in staff management, supervision and capacity building
- Proven track record of supporting a senior management team and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the major emergency donors and experience in budgeting and reporting to donors.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
- Experience working with financial systems. i.e. Agresso, Sun system.
- Significant experience with NGOs in an international emergency environment
- Fluent in English.