The Opportunity - Child Protection Officer 4-6 positions, Bihac Bosnia and Herzegovina, National Post Only
As a member of the team for provision of support and assistance to refugee and migrant children, Child Protection Officer will focus on unaccompanied or separated children (UASC) and families with children. Child Protection Officer will ensure Child Protection Monitoring – particularly focusing on unaccompanied and separated children in Temporary Reception Centres in Una-Sana Canton as well as children within families– ensuring appropriate mechanisms are in place for identification, care, referral, registration, transportation and reunification and will follow up and support particularly vulnerable individuals. As a member of the team, Child Protection Officer is responsible for cooperation with relevant representatives of social welfare centre/s and other organisation working in Transition/Reception Centres. Also, Child Protection Officer is responsible for timely execution of project activities with team members and key project stakeholders and will contribute in design and caring out project activities aimed to increase refugee and migrant children’s resilience and wellbeing.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
• University degree in social sciences or relevant or equivalent field experience;
• A minimum of 1 years of relevant experience working with children/adolescents and their families required;
• Thorough understanding on children’s needs and child development in difficult circumstances;
• Understanding of child protection system – national, cantonal and preferably protection system functioning in emergencies – case management and referral pathways for children at risk;
• Ability to work under pressure, to manage and prioritise competing demands and to meet strict deadlines with quality outputs;
• Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours;
• Strongly motivated by humanitarian work;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Fluency in written and spoken in English and B/H/S languages
• Valid Driver’s license and willingness to undertake intensive driving within Una-Sana Canton is an advance;
• Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organisational mandate and child safeguarding
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 12 Oct 2021
Closing date: 25 Oct 2021 - 17:59 EDT
Location: Bihac, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time