Terms of Reference
for consultany with the goal of a creating Rulebook (By-law) on detailed conditions and standards of work of organizations that provide services in the field of social protection in the Brčko District BiH,
as well as theRulebook (By-law) for licensing of service providers and accreditation of services in the subject area
ENVISION – Creating ENabling enVIronment for Social InclusiON of children phase II
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro
36 months (January 2019 – December 2021)
Duration of assignment:
June - June 2021 (not longer than 20 days)
NGO "Nova Generacija "Banja Luka
NGO "Otaharin "Bijeljina
Youth Centre "Vermont "Brčko
Association "Altruist "Mostar
Centre for Child Rights Podgorica
Association "Defendology" Nikšić
CSW Banja Luka
Save the Children Italy
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In northwest Balkans and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn, and protection from harm. When crisis strikes and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
2. BACKGROUND AND RATIONALE
Street involved and at-risk children present one of the most jeopardized groups in the state of social need that, due to the poverty and lack of work, stay excluded from all relevant social systems. The number of street-involved children has increased rapidly over the past few years. Most street-involved children live below the poverty line, often part of a cycle of poverty that is generationally passed on. As a group, street-involved children have to a large extent been 'hidden' from the public eye as well as the main spheres of political, economic and social life in B-H.
The opening of Drop-in centers (DiC) for street-involved and at-risk children was on several occasions characterized as the only positive example of support provided to this population. Strengthening existing and replicating quality services for street-involved children has become the basis of the ENVISION project. Within this Project, Save the Children has established strategic partnerships with governmental institutions and NGOs in Sarajevo, Mostar, Banja Luka, Brcko and Bihac in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Podgorica and Nikšić in Montenegro.
This service consists of several components: specialized programs for children and families, legal assistance, psychological counseling, educational activities, school inclusion, and access to welfare benefits.
Besides services defined through DiC methodology, additional specialized programs have been developed and tested during 2016-2018. The Family Strengthening Program (FSP) was developed in 2016, and by the end of 2019, it was piloted in all 7 DiCs. Additionally, this Program has been integrated and piloted in 3 CSW (Bihać, Banja Luka and Nikšić). In a relatively short period of time, FSP showed significant results in supporting and strengthening families. The FSP program offers a working model with vulnerable families and boys and girls.
3. PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The consultant is expected to prepare a Rulebook (By-law)on detailed conditions and standards of work of organizations providing services in the field of social protection in Brcko District and a Rulebook (By-law) for licensing service providers and accreditation of services in the subject area, present draft documents to the Brcko District BiH Child Protection Working Group and staff SCI and collect comments to finalize the documents.
In order to realize the purpose of the consultation, the consultant will:
- Collect and review all available materials from relevant organizations on the conditions and standards of work of organizations that provide services in the field of social protection, licensing of service providers and accreditation of services in the subject area
- Prepare a proposal /draft Rulebook (By-law) on detailed conditions and standards of work of organizations providing services in the field of social protection in the Brcko District,
- Prepare a proposal /draft Rulebook (By-law) for licensing of service providers and accreditation of services in the subject area
- Present proposal of the Rulebooks to the working group for child protection of the Brčko District of BiH and the staff of SCI and collect comments for the finalization of documents.
- Communicate regularly with members of the Brčko District Child Protection Working Group
- Finalize the Rulebooks (in accordance with the given comments)
4. SCOPE OF THE WORK
The consultant is expected to perform the following activities:
- Hold an initial meeting with Save the Children to finalize the work plan agreement.
- Create a plan with the proposed methodology and timeframe and present it to the Brčko District BiH Child Protection Working Group and SCI staff.
- Collect and review all available materials from relevant organizations on the conditions and standards of work of organizations that provide services in the field of social protection, licensing of service providers and accreditation of services in the field
- Prepare a draft Rulebook (By-law) on detailed conditions and standards of work of organizations providing services in the field of social protection in the Brcko District,
- Prepare a draft Rulebook (By-law) for licensing service providers and accreditation of services in the subject area
- Present proposal of the Rulebooks to the working group for child protection of the Brčko District of BiH and SCI staff and collect comments for the finalization of documents.
- Finalize the Rulebooks (in accordance with the given comments)
- Submit a final report to SCI staff.
The consultant will submit a technical and financial offer that includes a description of the methodology and a detailed work plan. During the engagement, the consultant will mainly work with Save the Children staff in Sarajevo. In order to adequately prepare for the development of defined consulting tasks, it is crucial to review all relevant documents in the subject area. Since Save the Children has long been involved in solving problems related to children on the move, it is necessary to carefully study and review the documentation available on the website of our organization (https://nwb.savethechildren.net).
Location and business trips
The consultant will organize their time in their own facilities during the engagement. The consultant will be required to travel to other locations. Any required travel must be pre-approved by the SCI in accordance with the SCI travel policy and applicable RO / CO cost policy.
6. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sarajevo-based Save the Children staff will be the main point of contact for the consultant.
Duties of the consultant:
- The consultant is required to maintain contact with Save the Children staff throughout the process and keep them regularly informed of the process and seek information and guidance as needed.
- The consultant has general managerial responsibility for the implementation of consulting tasks.
- The consultant's task will be to develop the necessary documents and deliver the activities and submit the final drafts of Save the Children for comments and suggestions, if any, within the agreed deadline.
- The consultant is asked to include in the final version of the document, if necessary, the feedback information provided by Save the Children.
- The consultant must adhere to the time frame set for the consultant's work.
Responsibilities Save the Children:
- Provide all background materials to the advisor in a timely manner.
- Monitor compliance with certain deadlines, facilitating access to the requested information.
- Provide guidance at all stages of implementation, approving all deliveries and facilitating access to any documentation (or any person) deemed relevant to the process.
- Share results with participants.
- Ensure cooperation of partner organizations.
- Perform quality control of all deliveries, as required.
- Rulebook (By-law)on detailed conditions and standards of work of organizations that provide services in the field of social protection in the Brcko District,
- Rulebook (By-law) for licensing of service providers and accreditation of services in the subject area
- Report on the completed consulting task (submit a final report to the SCI staff).
In order to perform all the planned tasks, an independent consultant will be hired for the period from June 2 to July 31, 2021, lasting no longer than 20 days.
The consultant will prepare and implement a work plan in consultation and with the support of relevant Save the Children staff.
Hold an initial meeting with Save the Children to finalize the work plan agreement.
June 2nd , 2021.
Create a work plan and schedule and present it to Save the Children staff and the Brčko District BiH Child Protection Working Group
until June 7th, 2021.
Develop the first draft and submit it to the SCI and the Working Group for Child Protection of the Brčko District of BiH for comments
until June 25th . 2021.
Present draft documents/Rulebooks to the Brčko District BiH Child Protection Working Group for comments and SCI staff and collect comments for finalization
until July 10th , 2021.
Submit the final version of the documents/Rulebooks
until July 25th 2021.
Send the final report to Save the Children for approval.
until July 31st , 2021.
* Timeframe can be changed in consultations with SCINWB.
9. EXPERTIZE AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
The consultant should possess at least the following expertise and skills:
- Doctorate or master's degree (or relevant specialist studies) in the humanities and field experience working for the benefit of children and / or law enforcement.
- Diploma in the humanities and at least four (4) years of experience in child welfare and / or law enforcement.
- Extensive knowledge and proven practice in providing consulting support.
- Experience in drafting laws and bylaws adopted in the Brčko District of BiH
- Knowledge of the scope of work of the day center
- Knowledge of day center work policies
- Flexibility and accessibility in interaction with working group members
- Flexibility and accessibility in working with the day center and end users
- Experience and knowledge in standardization processes
- Experience and knowledge in licensing processes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting needs assessments and developing documents, plans and programs
- Demonstrated experience and skills in enabling stakeholder / working group consultations and training.
- Fluent in English and local language
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
Consultants must list the prices it offers to Save the Children as part of the contract, including the currency in the bid response document, as well as the SC-PR-10 bid request if bidding on behalf of the company or organization. Give a narrative explanation of each budget activity to show their relationship to the proposed methodology and work plan. Budget headings and specific budget lines are mandatory within the proposed budget.
The financial proposal must state the total amount of the lump sum (including a breakdown of the costs of compensation, travel and the number of working days). Payments will be made in three installments based on key results, ie. upon delivery of the services specified in the ToR.
- 30% on contract signing and plan submission, including work plan and task methodology (in B/C/S and English)
- 70% upon completion of all agreed activities and submission of the final report (in B / C / S and English).
11. APPLICATION AND BIDDING PROCEDURES
Interested consultants or companies/organizations should develop and submit a tender proposal (with appropriate attachments) in English to respond to the specific tasks mentioned above. The bid proposal should contain: 1. Package for consulting companies OR 2. Package for consultants:
Package for individual consultants (complete if you are applying as an individual):
1. Bidder's response document - natural persons;
2. CV format - individuals (maximum 3 pages) that highlight relevant experience.
3. Reference list and example of research work / Analysis / Evaluation, etc.
12. SELECTION CRITERIA
SC will decide on the most successful bidder, in accordance with the available budget, based on the following criteria:
- Relevant education;
- Relevant experience;
- How well the proposal meets the requirements set out in the terms of reference;
- Value for money.
- Meet the minimum requirements
- The agency / individual bidder submitted all documentation
Ability (60 points):
- Education (doctoral or specialist studies in the relevant field - 20 points, master's studies in the relevant field - 15 points, Bachelor in the relevant field 10 points)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the relevant field (3 years of experience 10 points, 5 years of experience 15 points, more than 5 years of experience 20 points)
- Methodology (draft plan 20 points)
Commercial 40 points:
No person working on or on behalf of Save the Children may in any way be involved in or associated with child abuse or exploitation as defined in the Save the Children Rules.
The client also requires that the personal data of all participants in the evaluation must be protected and stored in accordance with the General Regulation on Data Protection - (EU) 2016/679 and the national law on personal data protection in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH Personal Data Law). , Official Gazette of Bosnia and Herzegovina no. 49/06).
Interested candidates should send their applications to Procurement.NWB@savethechildren.org
no later than May 31, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please find enclosed documents for application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/152F4kt5jm5Z35yYivHhk8JfG-fo4D8f8/view?usp=sharing